Jennifer Redmile grew up on the beautiful northern beaches of Sydney NSW, and now lives in Geraldton WA with her husband and two gorgeous puppy dogs. She has always been an avid fantasy fiction reader, and always worked with children, so when she decided to write a novel, it was a natural progression to combine the two and make it a children’s novel.
The Children of When follows the adventures of three children raised in separate “foster-homes” who are magically transported to another world on their fourteenth birthday. On arrival in this new world, they discover they are part of a 1000 year old prophecy. In order to fulfil the prophecy and survive, they must find and reunite three missing pieces of an ancient amulet and learn to control and use their unique Gifts, all while being pursued by those who would prefer the amulet remain missing.
Get your copy here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0137ZQ3PU/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_dp_cmQVvb1ZJ78BG
Author Top 10
1. My husband, the most awesome man ever.
2. My kids: Carly is 25 and Brendan is 23…and they have both turned into adults I’m very proud of.
3. My dogs Ashie and Molly.
6. No longer working, which means I get more time to write.
7. A cup of tea I didn’t have to make myself
8. A meal I didn’t have to make myself
9. Sleeping (okay, so it’s important enough to be mentioned twice).
10. My amazing writing buddy, Alison Clifford, without whose constant praise and inspiration I’d have given up long ago.
And a fun interview question
How did you come to write this particular book or series?
I had just finished a 10 week contract as a boarding supervisor at a Residential College for teenage kids. After the first week of being home full-time, my hubby suggested I not go back to work and live on one wage for a while. I heard about this writing challenge called NaNoWriMo, where you have to write 50,000 words in a month. As it was October, and the challenge runs throughout the month of November, I started thinking about writing a book. I’ve always been a huge reader of fantasy novels, and I’ve always worked with kids. So I decided to write a fantasy novel about kids for kids. I’m not really sure where the original idea came from, but the story has evolved from what the characters tell me to do next.