Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Great Summer Countdown: Day Eight: The Matchup by Laura L Walker



Having been raised in Arizona, Laura L. Walker and her husband whom she met at Northern Arizona University think it's a great place to raise their six children. Laura and her family enjoy camping on beautiful Mt. Graham, reading, and learning history together. At the end of the day, Laura loves to curl up with a good book or write one of her own. The Matchup is her second novel.

Q&A With the Author:


1.      How do you spend your free time?


I like to sew, although I don’t do a whole lot of that these days. I also cook and clean and run kids around to various activities…oh, this is supposed to be about my free time. Oops. I read. I read A LOT to calm my jangled nerves at the end of the day. Or else I daydream and write what I daydream. But I usually don’t have time for both, so I have to decide which activity I’m most in the mood for.
1.           What is the thing you struggle with the most while writing? And how do you defeat it?

See answer for #2.

5.    What is your favorite part of writing?

Connect with the Author here: 


The last thing Valerie wants is to work for Gage Logan. But Valerie's husband walked out on her and her children. Now she needs a job. Gage, on the other hand, has just taken custody of his four-year-old son and is swamped trying to balance his career, be a daddy, and fix past mistakes. Together they discover that when it comes to their faith and each other, it's all about second chances.



~ Amazon ~ B & N



Snippet:


              Valerie smiled wanly. “You can go inside, if you’d like. We’re going to be here for a while.”
              Leaning against a post and crossing his arms like he had all the time in the world, Gage replied, “No, I’m good.” The truth was, he was concerned about Valerie. A few seconds ago, she’d given the impression that she was indifferent to her child’s needs. Upon closer inspection, however, she appeared to be on the verge of tears.
              “Please, Gage? I need a few minutes alone with my son.”
              Yep. Her voice was definitely shaky. Pushing himself off against the post, he came closer and crouched down in front of her. “Is there anything I can do to help?” he asked softly.
              She shook her head, keeping her gaze down. Something about the way she rubbed Justin’s back while simultaneously cradling his head in her arms touched a place in Gage’s heart that had long been dead.
              “Valerie,” he said softly.
              She lifted her eyes to him. Gage’s heart constricted at the sorrow he found there. Who would have imagined when they were young that they’d both be single parents? He’d always teased her so that he could see a flare of indignation light her gaze. That fire had apparently been extinguished a long time ago.
              He’d have to see if he could ignite it.



To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 



No comments:

Post a Comment