Monday, February 13, 2017

Valentine's Countdown Blitz Day Thirteen: Heir of Deceit by Jan M Martin






      Jan would rather write than eat or sleep, which is handy for authors—not so much for husbands. Her research as a nutritionist inspired an unusual murder weapon for Heir of Deceit. Favorite writing moment: meeting famous moonshiner Popcorn Sutton while during research in Asheville, North Carolina for Heir of Deceit. She has won national contests for her comedic poetry on subjects such as Black Friday and her messy kitchen. Some are included in her humor book My Word, That’s Absurd! along with her prize-winning children’s story, Miss Mousie and Mrs. McGreggor’s Closet.
Jan’s quirky sense of humor could classify her as eccentric, but she prefers the term “crazy.” She is the author of two novels, Heir of Deceit and Impressions of Innocence and a non-fiction humor book, My Word, That’s Absurd! She’s going nuts deciding which of seven book ideas she wants to work on next.
She loves cactus flowers, road runners, horned toads (and people). She enjoys cooking, teaching, and learning. The day she stops learning will be the day she stops breathing. She and her husband are the parents of six children.
Jan wrote for a local newspaper at age 11. She worked for her high school and college journalism departments, and as a case worker, tobacco prevention coordinator, and nutritionist. In addition, she has taught religion classes to high school students for more than 31 years as a volunteer.
Visit her web site at: http://janmar916.wix.com/janmmartin
P.S. If you enjoy her books, she’ll love you forever if you leave a 5-star review on Amazon about them.

Praise for Heir of Deceit: "A plot that is full of questions to keep readers turning pages--secrets, lies and drama. Good Stuff!" --Bethany Miller Cole (writing as Bethany Michaels) Judge at Romance Writers of America

"This is part love story, part genealogical mystery, a little bit about redemption and quite a lot of fun for the reader." --Jonesy, Amazon Reviewer

"A love story that . . . offers a satisfying mix of intrigue and idealistic love." --Kirkus Reviews

"It's captivating and it really keeps you guessing." --Lord of the Books Reviews


Connect with the Author here: 

On the eve of her wedding, Lacey uncovers a problem too large for love to conquer: a family curse which causes the women to kill the men they love, and puts her fiancé, Evs, in danger. Lacey vows to uncover the secrets of her lineage, even if it requires her ultimate sacrifice--the loss of her marriage to her beloved Evs.

Her search leads to the Smoky Mountain backwoods, where the shotgun is more respected than the law, and family may not be what is expected. HEIR OF DECEIT is set in an area, where, even today, hands of tobacco are used as currency, and moonshine stills explode.

Heir of Deceit is a clean Romantic Mystery suitable for teens and adults.


~ AmazonAmazon UK



Snippet:

Tsali lifted me from his pickup and carried me into his house. He sat me gently on his living room couch.
I sat there in a trance, staring blankly ahead. This felt worse than death. In my numb state, I could no longer think of Evs, or what I’d learned from Ruthella. That happened to someone else, on another world, and in another period of time.
 “You sit here, Lacey. I will bring you something to drink.”
Tsali appeared with a steaming cup of tomato soup and handed it to me. I didn’t want it. I never wanted to eat again.
“Drink it.” Tsali demanded, and stood with his arms crossed, waiting for me to obey.
I sipped a little simply to please him. He’d been so kind to me. It tasted delicious, which surprised me, numb as I felt. I sipped in silence while he watched, until it was gone.
“Tsali, how can I tell him? I can’t simply stop loving him.”
“I don’t know. I wish I could help you with that.” He sat beside me on the couch and took my hand in his.
“I came here to find my family, and all I’ve found is that I’m a character in a horror movie.” He looked at me with sympathy, but said nothing. “I can’t go home. I can’t face anyone.”
“Lacey, stay here tonight. I don’t want you to be alone. Sleep here on the couch.”
His concerned look spoke volumes to me. I knew he was interested only in my well-being. “I can’t. It wouldn’t look good.”
“Do you really care how anything looks right now? I don’t. I only care that you are taken care of. I think I’m the only one that can do that right now.”
I knew he spoke the truth. The fact remained that he was an extremely attractive man, and I . . . I at the moment, was everybody’s fool. “We can only be friends, Tsali. Just friends.”

He drew both his hands to his chest in a hands-off gesture. “For as long as you like.”



To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 



No comments:

Post a Comment