Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Official Book tour: The Code by Alison Clifford





NCIS Special Agent Ryan Gilmour finds himself back at the New London submarine base, the result of a posting swap with a friend. He settles in to wait for a chance to lead an investigation and for a woman who can capture his fickle heart.

When a vandal carves a Morse code message onto a building on the base, Ryan crosses paths with librarian Alex Ware. Her ability to avoid answering his questions leaves Ryan convinced she is hiding something. Determined to find out what it is he seeks her out, but his persistence only leads to conflict and frustration.

As a second act of vandalism rapidly follows, and then a third, Ryan is given the lead in the investigation. The attacks become sinister, the trail of Morse code messages with each act taunting Ryan and his team, daring them to break the code before it’s too late. And at every turn is the elusive Alex Ware.

Will Ryan and his team find the key to solving the case? Will Alex let down her guard and tell Ryan her secret?

Can they uncover who is behind The Code?










Alison is the author of the White Rose series and the New London books, and is a member of the Australian Crime Writers Association. 

She has served in both the Australian Army Reserve and the Royal Australian Air Force, and now lives in Tasmania with her family. 

Alison is a self-confessed stationery junkie, loves forests, and drinks too much tea.


Facebook ~ Website ~
Amazon ~


The Code is an interesting book of intrigue and mystery. Agent Ryan Gilmore is drawn to librarian Alex Ware after someone vandalizes the Navy Yard. They both find a sort of curiosity in the event, which eventually pulls them together. Given the lead on the case, Ryan can't help but wonder if Alex is involved because she has some secrets of her own that she refuses to share. And yet she's also coy and more than willing to spend time with, so long as he doesn't pry into her business, something he can't do as she's suspected of at least being a person of interest in his case.

Outrage, intrigue, and confusion abound in this interesting tale of romantic conflict. I usually like these kinds of stories, though I have to admit I felt this on a bit more dry than most. I think there could have been so much more done with the story to put the reader on the edge of his or her seat. But, overall, not badly written. The final reveal of the culprit is unexpected, and there are a few interesting twists. I give it three and a half out of five stars.


 

Author Interview

 

What is your:
1.     Favorite holiday? The USA. I visited last year and went to New London and Washington DC, the locations for both of my series. Fantastic place and great people! I can’t wait to go back.
2.     Most embarrassing moment? When I was in the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) I once had to travel from Canberra to Melbourne on a Hercules. There were a few other Air Force personnel on the flight, plus a load of Navy guys. I became airsick and the navy guys wouldn’t stop staring at me. I knew they were laughing inside—a RAAFie sick on an airplane. Talk about letting the side down!
3.     Something unique about you? I can’t bend my thumb without bending my index finger.
4.     One food you will NOT eat? Chilli. I can’t handle hot food.
5.     Top hobby you do when not writing? Reading. I’m trying to garden, but I’m not good at keeping things alive—except weeds.
6.     Favorite Animal? Polar bears! When our family went to SeaWorld (Gold Coast) I did a tour in the polar bear house. I was amazing to see them up close and watch the staff work with them. Dangerous, but beautiful!





To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 





No comments:

Post a Comment